Friday, July 14, 2017

Curating Your Life on Social Media

One of our course topics for the week involves the purposeful curation of online content through tools like Pinterest and Storify. One other briefly touched-upon curation tool is the hashtag. The evolution of the hashtag is touched upon here, and many of us are already familiar with its usage.

On Twitter, I've searched hashtags to read live-Tweets about current events. Social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook have also implemented the hashtag, allowing users to review and connect by sharing their thoughts, photos, and videos on hash tagged topics.

On a personal scale, I used a hashtag for my Las Vegas wedding two years ago. My husband and I had about 30 guests, and we were interested to see their pictures of our event and their visit around Las Vegas. With this in mind, we asked guests to post their public photos to Instagram using the hashtag #colleenandfief. After returning home from our wedding, we were delighted to see everyone's contribution to our curated hashtag wedding gallery.


1 comment:

  1. I love how hashtags can serve as a way to archive memories! It's great you were able to do that for your wedding. I think it's hilarious to see how creative folks are getting with their wedding hashtags these days in order to make sure they're unique!

    ReplyDelete

Wrap-Up

This Web 2.0 course has been one of the most interesting and informative courses I've ever taken. I must admit, going in I felt I alread...