Sunday, July 30, 2017

InstructureCon Topics: Educator Buy-In

The above topic was not a formal topic of a session, but it came up in several of my sessions. How can ID's and technologists garner educator buy-in to addition technology to the classroom? As we were sitting in on a session covering good instructional design for the higher education classroom, one woman tepidly raised her hand to ask this very question.

Of all the answers suggested, the consensus was that the best solution is to offer professional development that allows educators to use and sample educational software prior to pressuring them into using it. This blog offers a good list of reasons for teachers not using technology.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

This Web 2.0 course has been one of the most interesting and informative courses I've ever taken. I must admit, going in I felt I alread...